Claire V. Brisson-Banks, BS, MLIS AG®, a Rhode Island native, holds a masters in library science from of San Jose State University. She is the CEO of Timeless Genealogies™ “Where Your Family is No. 1″ and is an Adjunct Professor for BYU-Idaho. A genealogy lecturer, mentor, writer, and blogger, she has also authored The Social Media Guide for Ancestral Research: Using Web 2.0 Strategies.
Her areas of expertise include libraries; technological advances in genealogy; brick wall solutions; involving youth in family history; and the U.S. Canada and the United Kingdom. She is member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and the Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy.
She is a past director of the Rhode Island Family History Center and has researched and lectured onsite throughout the US, England, Scotland, and Australia. A former British/US Research Consultant and Technology Specialist at the Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah. She created and maintained their Social Media presence and the Youth sections in the FamilySearch ResearchWiki. In addition, she wrote multiple posts for the FamilySearch Blog and served in leadership positions on a variety of committees.
In addition to teaching college classes and blogging, Claire does private research, mentoring and provides technical support for Ancestral Quest. (Read Claire’s complete bio.)
- Trustee for ISBGFH (International Society for British Genealogical Family History)
- Communications Director for Missouri Genealogical Association
- Past 2nd VP and board member for ICAPGen
- Past 2nd V.P and Crossroads Publications Committee member for UGA
- Independent Associate for Legal Shield and ID Shield (identity theft protection and legal aid)
- Budding Genealogists: http://buddinggenealogists.blogspot.com
- The Social Media Guide for Ancestral Research: http://timelessgenealogies.blogspot.com
- Who Will Tell their Stories: http://timelessgen.blogspot.com
- Website: www.timelessgen.com
- About Me: www.clairebrissonbanks.com
®The ICAPGenSM service mark and the Accredited Genealogist® and AG® certification marks are the sole property of the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists. All Rights Reserved.