Mondays got you down? Start your week out by sharing your own content and supporting your fellow content providers. Here’s how:
GeneaBloggersTRIBE Facebook Group Blogs on Mondays
Have you written an awesome blog post that you’d like to share with your TRIBE? Now, you can do that in our Facebook group in our weekly Blogs on Monday thread!
Here’s how to participate:
- Share a link to ONE recent – or favorite – blog post. The post doesn’t have to be new, but it should not have been shared previously in the group.
- Stay and play (aka don’t “drop and run”). Please visit at least 3 other blogs in the thread and leave a comment. Also consider subscribing to their feed and/or newsletter or sharing the content you enjoyed with your followers on social media.
- Comments on the Blogs on Monday thread will close at the end of the day.
If you missed a Blogs on Monday post, don’t worry. There will be another chance to share next week!
Remember, this is a great way to not only get more eyes on your own blog, but also to support your fellow TRIBE members!
Monday Blogs on Twitter
Rachel Thompson, aka @BadRedhead Media, created a #Mondayblogs meme for bloggers to share their content on Mondays. She outlines the specifics in What Is #MondayBlogs and Why You Should Be Participating.
Basically, it boils down to:
- Anyone is welcome to post content as long as you’re not promoting your book or anything else you’re trying to sell.
- Only use the #MondayBlogs hashtags on Mondays
- RT (that’s retweet to tweeps new to Twitter) other bloggers’ content generously.
Looking for something to write about?
Don’t forget our Genealogy Prompts, which can bring inspiration to any Monday.
Our Daily Prompts for Mondays include:
- Amanuensis Monday
- Madness Monday
- Mappy Monday
- Maritime Monday
- Matrilineal Monday
- Military Monday
- Motivation Monday
- Mystery Monday
Our Calendar of Ideas is also a great resource for any day you need a spark of creativity.
Some events, such as the April 4th Anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination or the creation of NATO, could easily inspire a blog post. Other, more light-hearted events, may work better for social media content. Week- and month-long events could even lead to a blog series.
Why You Should Participate
We’re all stronger as a community. As we share each other’s’ content, our collective audience grows, as does our influence. We’re better together—and we have more fun too!
GeneaBloggersTRIBE Graphics created for GeneaBloggersTRIBE by Laura Hedgecock, used with permission
Monday Blogs Graphic ©BadRedHead Media, used with permission