Here’s what is happening in the coming 3 days that may prove interesting to genealogy content providers. Some of these topics may harken back to your personal history or that of a specific ancestor. We look forward to seeing you pick up on these topics and consider blogging, podcasting, vlogging and micro-blogging.
June Genealogy Events
- African-American Music Appreciation Month
- Caribbean American Heritage Month
- Fireworks Safety Month (http://www.PreventBlindness.org)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month
- Men’s Health Education and Awareness Month
- National Bathroom Reading Month
- National Candy Month
- PTSD Awareness Month
- National Safety Month
- National Soul Food Month
Genealogy Daze of the Week
- 1 June International Children’s Day, Heimlich Maneuver introduced (1974), Kentucky Admission Day (15th US state, 1972), Madaraka Day, Kenya self- rule, Marilyn Monroe’s birthday (1926), Samoa Independence Day, Say Something Nice Day, Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Released, 50th Anniversary, Superman debuts in 1938, Tennessee Admission Day (16th US State, 1796), United Nationals Global Day of Parents.
- 2 June Bahamas Labor Day, Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival, Marvin Hamlisch birthday, Hug Your Cat Day, Italy Republic Day, National Doughnut Day, Salem Witch Trials began (325th Anniversary 1692).
- 3 June Denmark’s Eel Festival, First US Space Walk (Edward White, Gemini 4), International Clothesline Week (3rd-10th), “Mighty Casey has Struck out anniversary (1888), Zoot Suit Riots (3-8 June 1943, Los Angeles), Chuck Barris and Anderson Cooper’s birthday.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view. Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few. There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.” For more information on genealogy, webinars check out GeneaWebinars and thanks to DearMYRTLE for all her hard work in making this resource available! If you like this calendar, you’ll also like:
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.