Here is a list of events, memes and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging and what’s happening in the coming week:
- Acadian Ancestral Home celebrates its third year on Sunday, September 6, 2009. Stop by and wish Lucie LeBlanc Consentino congratulations!
- Craig Manson marks the fifth anniversary of GeneaBlogie also on Sunday, September 6, 2009. Congratulations Craig!
Genealogy Blog Carnivals
- The 17th Edition of Smile for the Camera is accepting submissions through Thursday, September 10, 2009. The theme is “School Days” so get out those awkward childhood photos and blog about them!
Genealogy Conferences This Week
- September 2 – 5, 2009 – Federation of Genealogical Societies Annual Conference – Passages Through Time, Little Rock, AR. “Passages through Time” describes our ancestors lives and our journey to research our family history. Keep up-to-date on the news, lectures, exhibit hall, and people connected to the Conference via this Conference News Blog. We’ll post breaking news, details on lectures, speakers, vendors, special offers, conference events, shopping, getting to hotels/convention center, and the beauty of Arkansas. This conference has special elements never found before at a FGS conference.
- September 5 – 17, 2009 – The Legacy Genealogy Cruise 2009 ships out of Barcelona, Spain starting on Saturday. This is a 12 Day cruise of the Mediterranean / Greece on the luxurious Norwegian Cruise Lines Jade ship which goes to Rome, Naples / Pompeii, Dubrovnik, Venice, Athens, Ephesus, Istanbul.
- September 11 – 13, 2009 - Washington State Genealogical Society 2009 State Conference, Spokane, WA. The guest speaker is Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak and promises to be a stellar event!
View upcoming genealogy conferences in the United States and across the globe at the group of calendars at GeneaBloggers. If you know of an upcoming expo or conference that should be on the GeneaBloggers conference calendar, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
There are no appearances scheduled this week. If you need more information on how to submit your own information for our Speaker’s Bureau page as well as the Speakers’ Appearances calendar, contact us at email@example.com.
Geneabloggers Group on Facebook
Great news – we are now at 677 members over at GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook. There is currently a discussion entitled “Which Genealogy Program Do You Use” which contains some great insights. If you know anyone who blogs about their genealogy or family history and you think they might benefit from membership in Geneabloggers please tell them about our Facebook group!
Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt
Check out Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt #36: Talk about military battles and your ancestors’ connections to them.
Thanks to Amy Coffin at We Tree for the inspiration!
Remember we have Black Sheep Sunday, Madness Monday, Tombstone Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, and Treasure Chest Thursday as daily blogging themes! And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2009 copyright, Thomas MacEntee