Upcoming Genealogy Blogging Events Week of July 18 – 24, 2009
Here is a list of events, memes and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging and what’s happening in the coming week:
Before I list this week’s blogiversaries, I want to point out how important it is to send me the date of your first blog post! I enter these in the GeneaBloggers calendar and it reminds me to help us all celebrate your blogiversary! This is why I was not aware that The Family Curator run by Denise Levenick turned two years old on Thursday, July 16, 2009!
- Think Genealogy turns two years old on Sunday, July 19, 2009. Visit and send Mark Tucker your best wishes.
- On Monday, July 20, 2009 Bluebonnet Country Genealogy turns three years old. Go visit Ruth Stephens’ great blog and wish her a Happy Blogiversary.
- It’s a double whammy on Friday, July 24th: Louisiana Lineage Legacies run by Karen Burney celebrates its second year and Janice Tracy’s Mississippi Memories celebrates its first year!
In case I missed yours, remember to send me your blog anniversary info.
Genealogy Blog Carnivals
- I will be hosting the 21st Edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy at Destination: Austin Family with submissions due on Monday, July 20, 2009. The topic this month is: ”How did your ancestors celebrate the glorious season of summer both back home in Europe and here in America? Did they need to make adjustments once here in America since the weather was different? Or summer customs were different? Include memories, photos, recipes – anything that helps tell summertime stories.”
- A Festival of Postcards is a great, relatively new carnival with a deadline for submissions of Monday, July 20, 2009. Join A Canadian Family for all the fun with the theme being Signs.
- The Association of Graveyard Rabbits is hosting its 5th Edition of its Graveyard Rabbits Carnival and you should submit your blog post by Saturday, July 25, 2009. This month’s topic: Favorite Photo. Choose your favorite cemetery-related photo and bring it to the carnival. Post the photo to your blog, along with a short description of the photo, where it was taken, and why it’s your favorite.
- The deadline for submissions for the 14th Edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage and Culture has been extended to Sunday, July 26, 2009. The theme is vacation spots either in Ireland or with an Irish flavor. This edition will be published by Colleen Degnan Johnson on her blog CMJ Office.
Geneabloggers Group on Facebook
If you know anyone who blogs about their genealogy or family history and you think they might benefit from membership in GeneaBloggers please let me know and send me their email info!
Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt
Check out Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt #29: Write about your favorite genealogy web sites. It seems like a new web site pops up every day. Tell us about the ones you like best.
Thanks to Amy Coffin at We Tree for the inspiration!
Remember we have Black Sheep Sunday, Madness Monday, Tombstone Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday as regular ongoing memes! And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the GeneaBloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2009 copyright, Thomas MacEntee