(Normally we would put this in really small print, but several leading eye physicians have advised us to stick to larger fonts).
Although GeneaBloggers assumes that everyone will understand that the information on this site is intended to foster knowledge expansion among the genealogy and family history community, other sites have these fancy disclaimers and it sure is fun to tug on their capes. So here goes:
1. Copyright: GeneaBloggers is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License and is owned and administered by Thomas MacEntee.
2. Content: GeneaBloggers is responsible for the content of this site, not including visitor comments or the content of individual contributors. GeneaBloggers does not reflect the personal views and opinions of Thomas MacEntee although GeneaBloggers is Thomas MacEntee. And Soylent Green is people.
3. Credit: GeneaBloggers’ contributors are encouraged to give proper credit to any sources of content or information in this blog. If you feel you or another source lacks credit, please contact GeneaBloggers. No one likes a plagiarist.
4. Accuracy and Validity: Believe it or not, people make mistakes from time to time and GeneaBloggers’ contributors strive to make facts and information as accurate as possible. In addition, GeneaBloggers is a work in progress. The world is an ever-changing place, which means that content can become outdated quickly. While we hope to avoid having outdated material on this site, we can’t guarantee that everything is timely, so don’t rely on the timeliness or accuracy of the information at GeneaBloggers.
5. Images: Any image which is not otherwise attributed to another source, is presumed to be owned by the GeneaBloggers contributor. If you wish to use the image, please ask permission. And ask nicely.
6. Comments: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any comments made by contributors in the Discussion pages. However GeneaBloggers will exercise its right to moderate and edit comments which are deemed to be offensive, childish or just plain dumb as a box of hair.
7. Liability: As a reader, you will not hold GeneaBloggers liable for libel (say that three times fast) or defamation in its content. The content of GeneaBloggers is built through the content of its contributors. In addition, there is no intention to do harm by hosting content at GeneaBloggers. The content at GeneaBloggers is not to be taken as fact nor absolute. If people use the information and somehow are injured, GeneaBloggers is not to be held responsible. The sites that GeneaBloggers links to via hyperlinks are not under its control. Those sites are responsible for the content of those sites. The sun, the moon and the rotation of the Earth are not under GeneaBloggers’ control either. We’re working on it, but don’t hold your breath, and don’t try to make us responsible for other sites, bad weather, global warming or any malady that befalls you.
So there it is. We’ve done the disclaimer thing. Aren’t you glad we got that out of the way? Now back to the business of blogging about genealogy and family history.
* Inspiration for this disclaimer provided by Valorem Law Group.