For the past two years – 2011 and 2012 – I’ve produced a week-long series of articles related to the business side of genealogy called Genea-Opportunities (Let’s Make Lots of Money). The 2011 and 2012 versions were posted at GeneaBloggers and had a bias towards using blogs as a vehicle for earning money.
With the launch of Hack Genealogy earlier this month and the great feedback from last year’s series offering information on the many different ways of making money in genealogy, I’ve opted to move the series over to Hack Genealogy.
Look for the following posts starting next week:
- Monday 5 August 2013: Genealogy – For Fun or Profit?
- Tuesday 6 August 2013: Careers in Genealogy
- Wednesday 7 August 2013: What Do You Mean It Isn’t Free?
- Thursday 8 August 2013: How Do You Make Money in Genealogy?
- Friday 9 August 2013: Money Changes Everything – Or Does It?
©2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee
See http://www.familytreemagazine.com/article/Top-40-Genealogy-Blogs-2013 for the complete list of blogs and take a minute to offer them your best wishes and congratulations!
- Ancestry Insider
- Ancestry.com Blog
- The Armchair Genealogist
- The Association of Graveyard Rabbits
- British Genes
- Brooklyn Historical Society Blog
- Climbing My Family Tree
- Clue Wagon
- Digital Cemetery Walk
- Eastern Washington Genealogical Society
- Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter
- Finding Eliza
- Geder Genealogy
- Genealogy Canada
- Genealogy’s Star
- Genealogy Tip of the Day
- Granite In My Blood
- The Genetic Genealogist
- Help! The Faerie Folk Hid My Ancestors!
- Heritage Zen
- Hidden Genealogy
- How Did I Get Here? My Amazing Genealogy Journey
- Into the Briar Patch
- Journey to the Past
- Midwestern Microhistory
- Mississippi Memories
- Moultrie Creek
- New York History
- Nordic Blue
- Nutfield Genealogy
- Olive Tree Genealogy
- Renee’s Genealogy Blog
- Sandusky History
- Seeking Michigan
- St. Vincent Memories
Disclosure: I have been engaged to teach webinars and participate in virtual conferences at Family Tree University for I have been compensated. I have written several articles for Family Tree Magazine for which I have been compensated. I use affiliate links to sell Family Tree Magazine-related products.
Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with Family Tree Magazine and other genealogy vendors.
© 2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee