Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 4 July: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson Death – Anniversary, Calgary Stampede, Declaration of Independence approved and signed, Rube Goldberg’s Birthday – Anniversary, Ann Landers / Dear Abby Birthday – Anniversary, Lou Gehrig Day – 75th Anniversary and Tuskegee Institute Opens – Anniversary.
- 5 July: PT Barnum’s Birthday – Anniversary, Bikini debuts – Anniversary, David Farragut’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Tour de France starts.
- 6 July: Merv Griffin’s birthday – Anniversary, Frida Kahlo’s birthday – Anniversary, First Baseball All-Star Game Held – Anniversary, “Name That Tune” Television Premiere – Anniversary, and Republican Party Formed – Anniversary.
- 7 July: Hawaii Annexed by the United States – Anniversary, Lincoln Assassination Conspirators Hanged – Anniversary, and Running of the Bulls.
- 8 July: First Public Reading of the Declaration of Independence – Anniversary and John D. Rockefeller’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 9 July: First Open Heart Surgery – Anniversary, 14th Amendment to the US Constitution Ratified, and Elias Howe’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 10 July: Arthur Ashe’s Birthday – Anniversary, John Calvin’s Birthday – Anniversary, Telstar launched – Anniversary and Admission Day: Wyoming.
- 11 July: Bowdler’s Day, Burr-Hamilton Duel – Anniversary, “Newlywed Game” Television Premiere – Anniversary, and “To Kill A Mockingbird” Published – Anniversary.
If your blog anniversary is coming up soon, make sure it gets on our GeneaBloggers calendar! Remember to send your blog anniversary info to GeneaBloggers.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars and thanks to DearMYRTLE for all her hard work in making this resource available!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee