Congratulations to Brynn Montag and Cheryl Palmer who each won a copy of ObitKit™ – A Guide to Celebrating Your Life in our recent contest!
Don’t forget that you can order your own copy of ObitKit™ here.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee
You could win a free copy of ObitKit™ – A Guide to Celebrating Your Life!
To win, we want to know what’s in your obituary? Make an attempt at writing your own obituary and post it at your own blog. Then post a hyperlink to your post here in the comments section. We’ll draw two winners at random on Monday, October 24, 2011.
And don’t forget to tune into this week’s GeneaBloggers Radio at 8:00pm Central on Friday, October 21, 2011 to hear Susan Soper, author, journalist and creator of ObitKit™ of talk about the process of writing an obituary. Click here to learn more.
How To Participate In This Contest
Between Thursday, October 20, 2011 and 11:59 pm Central Daylight Time (GST -6) Sunday, October 23, 2011, create your own obituary in a blog post and hyperlink the blog post to this post using the Comments feature below. Commenters must leave a valid e-mail address in the comment form when leaving their comment so they can be contacted if they are selected as the winner.
Winners will be drawn at random from the eligible comments on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 10:00 am Central Daylight Time. Winners will be contacted via email. Once contact is confirmed, the prize will be conveyed to the winners.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
- TERM: The ObitKit™ Contest (“Contest”) will run from Thursday, October 20, 2011 through 11:59 pm Sunday, October 23, 2011, Central Daylight Time (GST -6).
- PRIZE: Two copies of ObitKit™ – A Guide to Celebrating Your Life!; one copy awarded to two different winners. Value = $20.00 US.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. Two winners will be drawn at random.
- DISCLAIMER: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by GeneaBloggers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials used in the Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if (a) your blog post does not include an obituary about you and your life; (b) you do not provide a hyperlink to your blog post in the Comments section of this blog post; and/or (c) you do not include a valid e-mail address for contact purposes when adding the comment.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in an electronically randomized manner on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 10:00 am CDT for the Contest. The winners will be announced in a blog post on GeneaBloggers.com and notified via e-mail shortly thereafter, and will have 96 hours to contact GeneaBloggers regarding their prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- NOTIFICATION: Each prizewinner will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address used in their comment to this post. GeneaBloggers is under no obligation to notify winners by any means other than e-mail. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
- REDEMPTION: GeneaBloggers will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prize winner responds to the notification from GeneaBloggers, GeneaBloggers will contact ObitKit, LLC to arrange for delivery of the prize to the prize winner.
- CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold GeneaBloggers and Thomas MacEntee, and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GeneaBloggers and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners, will be made by GeneaBloggers, whose decisions shall be final. Winners are individually responsible for all applicable taxes.
Disclosure statement: I was contacted by ObitKit LLC to learn more about ObitKit™ – A Guide to Celebrating Your Life! I was provided a complimentary review copy and my review was recently posted here. In addition, I was given the opportunity to give away two copies of ObitKit™ in a contest of my own design and execution. To review the other material connections I have with genealogy vendors, please see Disclosure Statements.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee
Okay, here’s the deal. I’m working with the folks at Couragent, Inc., maker of the (in my opinion) AMAZING Flip-Pal™ Mobile Scanner, to create a contest that will benefit both the participating genealogy bloggers and their readers.
What’s in it for the genealogy blogger? A free Flip-Pal™ Mobile Scanner evaluation unit.
What’s in it for the reader? A chance to win their own Flip-Pal™ Mobile Scanner.
What’s the catch? Read on . . .
- The genealogy blogger must commit to using the Flip-Pal™ Mobile Scanner to create gifts for family and friends related to family history. These could include anything from a handmade, crafty type item (a holiday ornament, a quilt block), a ready-made item using a site like Cafe Press or Zazzle (calendars, mugs, sweatshirts), a book, a digital picture frame or even a publication for a genealogy society (like a heritage cookbook!).
- Ideally, the blogger would either have 3 or 4 different projects and a blog post about each or a big project with a series of posts on the evolution of the project.
- And the blogger should have several social media channels already part of their web presence including Facebook and Twitter. We want to make sure that all your followers know about the project you are working on.
- There is room for between 4 and 6 bloggers to participate. The postings will take place between November 4, 2011 and November 25, 2011. We’re looking for bloggers who are committed to the entire posting series and talking about the Flip-Pal™ Mobile Scanner.
Leave a comment here at this post or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll be collecting names also on Facebook and Twitter. Stay tuned!
* * *
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy vendors and organizations.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee