Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 29 November: Black Friday, Buy Nothing Day, National Day of Listening, and Sinkie Day.
- 30 November: Computer Security Day, The Joy of Cooking Published – Anniversary, and Feast of Saint Andrew.
- 1 December: Data Backup Day, Advent Sunday, Basketball Created – Anniversary, Rosa Parks Day, and World AIDS Day.
- 2 December: First Artificial Heart Transplant – Anniversary and Cyber Monday.
- 3 December: First Heart Transplant – Anniversary and Illinois – Admission Day.
- 4 December: Falcon Crest Debuts – Anniversary and National Grange Founded – Anniversary.
- 5 December: AFL-CIO Founded – Anniversary, Walt Disney’s Birthday – Anniversary, Montgomery Bus Boycott begins – Anniversary and 21st Amendment Ratified – Anniversary.
- 6 December: Halifax Destroyed – Anniversary, National Miners Day, Feast of Saint Nicholas, and 13th Amendment Ratified – Anniversary.
If your blog anniversary is coming up soon, make sure it gets on our GeneaBloggers calendar! Remember to send your blog anniversary info to GeneaBloggers.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars and thanks to DearMYRTLE for all her hard work in making this resource available!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2013 copyright, Thomas MacEntee