These week’s topic for Open Thread Thursday is:
The celebrity lineup for Season 2 of Who Do You Think You Are? (US version) was announced this week. The glitterati include Steve Buscemi, Kim Cattrall, Ashley Judd, Tim McGraw, Rosie O’Donnell, Lionel Richie, Vanessa Williams.
What are your thoughts on this season’s lineup?
* * *
Please either post on today’s topic of “WDYTYA Season 2 Celebrities” at your own blog and then post the link here in the comments or simply add your two cents in the comments section:
- Given the celebrity lineup just announced for WDYTYA, in your opinion are there any surprises? Any disappointments?
- How do you feel about the use of celebrities on WDYTYA instead of ordinary, everyday people?
- Does it seem that WDYTYA has a “formula” that is uses in selecting celebrities for each season? Such as at least one “polarizing” personality? Specific ethnicities? Specific ages (again, there is not one person under 40 this season)?
- Do you find it possible to watch a segment with a celebrity you dislike, setting aside your feelings, just to see the genealogical research aspect and family history stories?
- If you could select seven celebrities for a season of WDYTYA, who would you select? And if possible, tell us why you would select each person.
This is a great topic for this week’s Open Thread Thursday! And please, if you have a topic you’d like to see discussed among your genealogy blogging colleagues, please contact us and we’ll take it under consideration.
©2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee