[Note: this is a regular feature of GeneaBloggers which highlights new genealogy and family history-related blogs as well as those recently discovered by members of GeneaBloggers. Use the Suggest A Blog! link in the menu bar to pass along information on new blogs.]
There are seven newly-discovered genealogy and family-history related blogs that we’ve located this week for a total of 1,125 genealogy blogs on our list! Remember to try and help out these new blogs by:
- using the Follow feature if the blog is hosted on Blogger – adding them to your blog reader – adding a comment on their blog saying “hi” and “welcome”
Here are this week’s new listings:
Ancestor Seekers By The Root Bound
Blog type: California genealogy, Genealogy society blogs
Ancestor Seekers by the Root Bound is a group of people that meet at the Lemon Grove Library twice a month to share their genealogical data. We welcome beginners to advanced to attend. We meet the 1st and 3rd Wed of every month at the Lemon Grove Library from 6 to 8 pm. All are welcome to attend. We generally have a meeting of sharing and a meeting of learning new information.
Arkansas Genealogical Events
Blog type: Appalachian genealogy, Arkansas genealogy
If you have news about upcoming Arkansas genealogical events or meetings send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send queries or requests for research.
Family History Research Tips
Blog type: Genealogy education
As I continue to develop ideas for this blog, here is what you can expect to see on a weekly basis.
- Research Process. These entries will describe a process I have gone through to obtain an answer to my genealogical questions. Comments are encouraged so we can all learn from each other.
- Monday Madness Discussion. These entries will describe a brickwall I have hit or an issue I need help with. I encourage comments and suggestions on how to overcome this. Something you post might help me and other readers work through problems.
- Book Reviews. I will review books that have been helpful to me in my research.
- Newspaper Clippings or Documents. These entries will display a photo of a news article and a description of what clues I gathered from it for my research or a photo of a document that has been helpful.
- Photos. Various old photos from my family tree.
- Websites to Follow. These entries will describe one site a week that has been helpful to me in my research. These sites will vary from History topics, Genealogical topics, Military, Places to Research, and more.
Grove Creek Family History Blog
Blog type: Utah genealogy
This blog is for anyone interested in family history, especially those who are served by the Grove Creek Multi-Stake LDS Family History Center.
My Yorkshire Genealogy
Blog type: Australian genealogy, Individual family history, UK genealogy
Notes about my Yorkshire family history research, and information that may help others with research in this area.
Blog type: Australian genealogy blog
This historical account of outback Queensland is based on interviews with a man who asked to remain anonymous. He talks about his father who was a horse-breaker for Cobb and Co. before acquiring, by ballot, a grazing property south of Cunnamulla. Life there in the 1920s is described in some detail (daily routines, education, childhood, health and home remedies, social events, community attitudes, etc.) Later interviews cover topics such as the Great Depression and changes in domestic technology.
Blog type: Appalachian genealogy, Individual family history, Tennessee genealogy
Research notes for Tennessee Pryor genealogy.
© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee