Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio will be broadcast this evening, Friday, September 23, 2011 starting at 10PM Eastern, 9PM Central, 8PM Mountain and 7PM Pacific! Tonight’s show episode is entitled: Genealogists Bore Their Families – What You Can Do About It.
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- September 23: Autumnal Equinox, Native American Day (US)
- September 24: National Punctuation Day (US)
- September 25: Gold Star Mothers’ Day (US), National Comic Book Day (US)
- September 26: Johnny Appleseed Day (US)
- September 27: Ancestor Appreciation Day, Google’s Birthday
- September 28: Rosh Hoshanah (begins at sundown)
- September 29: Confucius Day, VFW Day (US)
- September 30: Chewing Gum Day, Blasphemy Day
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Genealogy Conferences This Week
View upcoming genealogy conferences in the United States and across the globe at the group of calendars at GeneaBloggers. If you know of an upcoming expo or conference that should be on the GeneaBloggers conference calendar, send it to us at email@example.com.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
For a listing of speaking engagements by genealogy bloggers, along with their profiles and available presentations, visit GeneaSpeak.
GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook
The Facebook Group for GeneaBloggers has been disabled – you can read more about the issues involved here. Please go to the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History
52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your memories on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 39: Least Favorite Foods. What was your least favorite food from your childhood? Did your parents make you eat it anyway? Do you still dislike the same food today? How have your tastes changed since your youth?
We’ll list a new challenge each Saturday which should be completed by the following Friday.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2011 copyright, Thomas MacEntee