Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio will be broadcast this evening, Friday, November 4, 2011 starting at 9PM Eastern, 8PM Central, 7PM Mountain and 6PM Pacific! Tonight’s show episode is entitled: Copyright and Genealogy – Yours, Mine and Ours.
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- November 4: Use Your Common Sense Day
- November 5: Book Lovers Day, Guy Fawkes Day (UK)
- November 6: Daylight Savings Time Ends (US), Saxophone Day
- November 7: Job Action Day
- November 8: Dunce Day, Election Day
- November 9: Kristallnacht, National Young Reader’s Day
- November 10: Area Code Day, Forget-Me-Not Day
- November 11: Armistice Day, Remembrance Day, US Marine Corps Day, Veteran’s Day (US)
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Genealogy Conferences This Week
View upcoming genealogy conferences in the United States and across the globe at the group of calendars at GeneaBloggers. If you know of an upcoming expo or conference that should be on the GeneaBloggers conference calendar, send it to us at email@example.com.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
For a listing of speaking engagements by genealogy bloggers, along with their profiles and available presentations, visit GeneaSpeak.
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History
52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your memories on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 45. High School. Describe your middle and/or high school. Was it a large or small student body? Is the school still in existence today? How has it changed since you went there?
We’ll list a new challenge each Saturday which should be completed by the following Friday.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2011 copyright, Thomas MacEntee