Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio will be broadcast this evening, Friday, March 30, 2012 starting at 9PM Eastern, 8PM Central, 7PM Mountain and 6PM Pacific. Tonight’s show episode is entitled: Ready, Set, 1940 US Census!
Once again, for a third year, in honor of National Women’s History Month, Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist blog presents Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month.
Check out the entire list of prompts here. We’ll feature each day’s prompt in the Genealogy Blogging Beat right here at GeneaBloggers.
Data Backup Day – April 1
Don’t forget that the first day of each month has been designated as Data Backup Day – and here are some great resources to get you started. Post about how you backup your data (or don’t backup your data) and we’ll carry your post here at GeneaBloggers on March 1st!
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- March 30: National Doctor’s Day (US)
- March 31: Bunsen Burner Day
- April 1: April Fools Day, Palm Sunday, St. Stupid Day
- April 2: 1940 US Census Day
- April 3: Pony Express Day (US)
- April 4: School Librarian Day (US)
- April 5: National Deep Dish Pizza Day (US)
- April 6: Good Friday, National Tartan Day (US), New Beers Eve (US), Passover begins at sunset
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
For a listing of speaking engagements by genealogy bloggers, along with their profiles and available presentations, visit GeneaSpeak.
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and family historians to highlight those genealogy resources for which they are thankful. This is also a way to mention a favorite site or tool to others and if you don’t already utilize that resource, you’ll be able to follow the blog posts that help you understand why the resource is important!
You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your thoughts on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 14. State and National Societies: Last week we paid tribute to local genealogical and historical societies. This week we’re going to think bigger. For which state, provincial or national society are you most thankful? What makes this society special? How do the publications and events of this group assist in your family history research?
This week’s prompt runs from Sunday, April 1 through Saturday, April 7, 2012.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2012 copyright, Thomas MacEntee