Listen to Geneabloggers
Join us for another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, March 25, 2011 starting at 10pm EDT, 9pm CDT, 8pm MDT, and 7pm PDT! This week we’ll be holding discussing both the current trend of “genealogy and television” as well as finding your black sheep ancestors!
Genealogy, Television and Black Sheep – Oh My!
This week’s episode of Who Do You Think You Are? will feature actor Steve Buscemi as he embarks on a journey to discover the rogues and villains of his ancestry. And with that we’ve lined up quite a panel of guest stars to discuss how genealogy is making an impact on television as well as what is involved in searching for those rogues, rapscallions and rebels lurking in your own family tree.
Special Guest – Megan Smolenyak2
First up will be popular writer, speaker and TV guest Megan Smolenyak2 to share with us some of her insights as to why genealogy has suddenly become popular among a variety of television programs. We’ll be talking not only about WDYTYA but also Face of America, African American Lives and even Top Chef!
Panel of Black Sheep Ancestor Experts
In addition we will be talking to genealogists Mark Lowe from Tennessee, Diane Rapaport from Massachusetts and Gayle Gresham all the way from Colorado about the various sorts of “black sheep ancestors” and the best ways to locate them. In addition, listeners will be asked to call in with their own stories of black sheep ancestors.
Finally, we’ll be covering the latest news in the genealogy industry and highlighting upcoming events, conferences, speakers and even webinars!
And, as usual, you never know what other aspects of genealogy and family history we’ll discuss at GeneaBloggers Radio so tune in!
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Genealogy, Television and Black Sheep – Oh My!“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 9:00 pm CST on Friday, March 25, 2011, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to dial in and share your thoughts and comments, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee