Listen to Join us for another episode of GeneabloggersGeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, January 20, 2012 starting at 9pm EDT, 8pm CDT, 7pm MDT, and 6pm PDT with host Thomas MacEntee. This week’s show is entitled Information Overload: Finding the Genealogy Data You Need.
Go Local: Local History and Genealogy
This week our show is entitled Go Local: Local History and Genealogy with co-host Lisa Alzo, of The Accidental Genealogist blog. Our special guests will include: Marion Woodfork Simmons of The Discovering Yesterday blog and author of Memories of Union High: An Oasis in Caroline County, Virginia 1903-1969 – she’ll tell us how she has combined her love of local history and genealogy into her recent book. Steve Glauberman, CEO of Enlighten Ventures and creator of the startup site What Was There – a virtual time machine you have to see to believe. And finally, author Dan Burns, known as “the cop who could write more than tickets,” who has written four local history books about the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area.
How To Listen To GeneaBloggers Radio
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Go Local: Local History and Genealogy“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 8:00 pm Central on Friday, January 20, 2012, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to call in to the show and share your thoughts and comments with the host or guests, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must login with Facebook or have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
SPECIAL: You can now find GeneaBloggers Radio archived episodes in the iTunes store! Click here to download episodes for free!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy vendors and organizations.
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee