Everything you ever wanted to know about GeneaBloggers, but were afraid to ask!
How do the Daily Blogging Prompts appear in those “roll up” widgets?
The process is simply really:
- Your blog must be listed at GeneaBloggers. Visit the Suggest a Blog section to submit your blog.
- Your blog post should include the name of the Daily Blogging Prompt in the title, such as “Tombstone Tuesday – Rita Book 1927 – 1999.”
- Several times a day I review the more than 500 new blog posts from members of GeneaBloggers that appear in my Google Reader. I manually tag the blog posts that match that day’s Daily Blogging Prompts. I also may pin them to Pinterest depending upon the Daily Blogging Prompt.
Why isn’t my post included in the “roll up” widget for a certain Daily Blogging Prompts?
- I can’t always tag blog posts right away. I run a genealogy business from my home and my clients come first. In addition, I travel all over the US speaking and lecturing on genealogy so I may be in-transit between home and some exotic genealogy location.
- There is a “time lag” with RSS feeds from time to time. You are always free to email me at geneabloggers at gmail dot com to ask if I can check and see if there is a problem.
Why don’t some of the Daily Blogging Prompts list the matching posts from the member blogs?
In early 2012, Google Reader removed the ability to create new “roll up” widgets based on tags in Google Reader. So I’m unable to create these widgets for any new Daily Blogging Prompts.
How many staff do you have at GeneaBloggers?
I wish. Just me.
Is there a cost to be a member of GeneaBloggers?
GeneaBloggers is a free service and will always remain free. You can support GeneaBloggers by clicking the links in the sidebar to purchase products such as Flip-Pal or Legacy QuickGuides. Every bit helps.
©2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee