We’ve been in a contest mood at GeneaBloggers as of late, and this week we have a great offering: win an e-book copy of Conquering the Paper Monster Once and For All by Elyse Doerflinger.
Many of us in the genealogy blogging community know Elyse from her blog Elyse’s Genealogy Blog as well as her series of instructional genealogy videos on You Tube. Elyse has expanded her offerings and how brings this great book on how you can finally get your genealogy office/corner/nook/desk organized by taming the paper monster!
Here’s a description of Conquering the Paper Monster Once and For All:
Are you tired of drowning in piles of papers? Are you frustrated by all the different organizational systems and still not being able to find one that you can stick with? Is you research suffering because you can’t find a piece of paper when you need it? Are you tired of repeating research steps because you forgot that you already did it? This e-book will help you create a customized system for organizing your genealogy papers – a system that you can understand and stick too. Follow this step by step guide to understanding the basics of organization and how to create a system that works for you.
Value $3.99 US (this is the e-book version sent via email in PDF).
How To Participate In This Contest
All you need to do is leave a comment on this post and tell us how disorganized your genealogy desk/office/corner/nook is right now! If you want to add a funny story or a photo even better! You must include your name and email address in the comment form in order to be eligible.
- Between Monday, June 7, 2010 and 11:00 pm Central Daylight Time (CDT) Thursday, June 10, 2010, leave a comment on this post about backing up your data.
- Your comment must focus on organizing genealogy research/papers and include a valid e-mail address (see Contest Rules below).
- One winner will be drawn at random from the eligible comments on Friday, June 11, 2010. The winner will be contacted via email. Once contact is confirmed, a copy of the e-book Conquering the Paper Monster Once and For All will be emailed to the winner.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
- TERM: The Contest will run from Monday, June 7, 2010 through 11:00 pm Thursday, June 10, 2010, Central Daylight Time (CDT).
- PRIZE: A free copy of the e-book Conquering the Paper Monster Once and For All. Value = $3.99 US.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. One winners will be drawn at random.
- DISCLAIMER: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by GeneaBloggers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the Get Genea-Organized Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if you do not a) comment upon data backup as a subject and/or b) leave a valid e-mail address in the comment.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in an electronically randomized manner on June 11, 2010, for the Get Genea-Organized Contest. The winner will be notified on the day of the drawing, and will have 96 hours to contact GeneaBloggers regarding their prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- NOTIFICATION: Prizewinners will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address left in the comments of this post. GeneaBloggers is under no obligation to notify winner by any means other than e-mail. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during 3 business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
- REDEMPTION: GeneaBloggers will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prize winner responds to the notification from GeneaBloggers, a PDF copy of the e-book Conquering the Paper Monster Once and For All will be emailed to the winner.
- CONDITIONS: By participating in the Get Genea-Organized Contest, you agree to release and hold GeneaBloggers and Thomas MacEntee, and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Get Genea-Organized Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GeneaBloggers and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Get Genea-Organized Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Get Genea-Organized Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners, will be made by GeneaBloggers, whose decisions shall be final. Winners are individually responsible for all applicable taxes.
©2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee