If you want to attend one of the best genealogy events on the West Coast (and in the United States in my opinion), make sure you register for this year’s Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree by end of day on Sunday, May 28, 2012!
The 43rd annual Jamboree will take place from Thursday, June 7 through Sunday, June 10 in Burbank, California, and includes the following events:
- Family History Writer’s Conference
- Tech Tracks
- Kid’s Camp
- Movie Night
- Research Morning at the SCGS Library
- Autry National Center Tour
- Genealogy World Discussions
- Genealogy Society Development Workshop
- Beginners Genealogy First Steps
- Beginners Genealogy Next Steps
- Librarians’ Genealogy Boot Camp
- Hollywood Gala – What are you wearing? Jeans, T-shirts, Evening wear!, Fancy hair styles? You will see it all!
- Saturday Breakfast And the Rockets’ Red Glare: Online Resources for War of 1812 Research
- Saturday Breakfast – Jamboree Genealogy Idol
- Saturday Banquet – How “Psychic Roots” Became an Unsolved Mystery
- Sunday Breakfast – The Strange and Unexpected, Dealing with Research Surprises
- Sunday Breakfast – Cigars, Murder and Women: Reconstructing A Signature Quilt’s Community
In addition you can select from over 130 presentations delivered by 63 speakers! And there will be over 60 members of GeneaBloggers in attendance – see here for more details.
SCGS 2012 Jamboree – Don’t miss it!
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with the Southern California Genealogical Society, SCGS Jamboree and other genealogy vendors.
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee