Welcome to GeneaBloggers! Here is all you need to know about our group which has only one membership requirement: you must either author a blog related to genealogy and family history or you are a reader of these types of blogs.
If you have a genealogy or family history-related blog here’s what you can do to get involved in a fast-growing community of like-minded bloggers who are always ready to lend a hand to new GeneaBloggers members:
Get on the GeneaBloggers Blog Roll
While our members are great blog sleuths and have found some fascinating genealogy and family history related blogs, we can’t find all of them! If you have a blog that is not on the bloglist, click here to suggest your blog. We’ll add it to the list and also including it in an upcoming This Week’s New Geneablogs post.
Display the GeneaBloggers Badge
Display your love of GeneaBloggers by adding the GeneaBloggers Badge to your blog!
Let Us Know Your Blogiversary
The date of your first blog post is important – let others know when you celebrate your blog anniversary.
Become a Fan of GeneaBloggers on Facebook
While not a requirement, many members also “like” the GeneaBloggers page on Facebook where events are posted, issues are debated, etc.
Check Out Events on the GeneaBloggers Calendar
Participate in Daily Blogging Prompts
One of the fastest ways to become part of the fold is to post about your ancestors via a variety of “prompts” to help feed you ideas on blogging topics. We offer more than just one blogging prompt per day – there are as many as five per day! Check the Daily Blogging Prompts each day for the daily blogging prompts which include:
- Sunday: Black Sheep Sunday, Church Record Sunday, Sentimental Sunday, Sunday Supper, Sunday’s Obituary.
- Monday: Amanuensis Monday, Madness Monday, Mappy Monday, Maritime Monday, Matrilineal Monday, Military Monday, Mobile Monday, Motivation Monday, Mystery Monday.
- Tuesday: Talented Tuesday, Tech Tuesday, Tombstone Tuesday, Travel Tuesday, Tuesday’s Tip.
- Wednesday: Wedding Wednesday, Wednesday’s Child, Wisdom Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday, Workday Wednesday.
- Thursday: Those Places Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Thriller Thursday, Treasure Chest Thursday.
- Friday: Family Recipe Friday, Follow Friday, Friend of Friends Friday, Friday Funny, Funeral Card Friday.
- Saturday: Shopping Saturday, Society Saturday, Sorting Saturday, Sports Center Saturday, Surname Saturday, Sympathy Saturday.
Need Technical Assistance?
Check out Bootcamp for GeneaBloggers where we’ve listed over 100 different technical solutions including how to back-up your blog posts, how to create a label cloud and more!
GeneaBloggers is a labor of love for me and it is an entirely free resource for the genealogy community. There are costs involved in terms of website hosting, domain names, and maintenance. If you feel so moved, any amount donated towards defraying these costs would be greatly appreciated. Click here to learn more.
The more you participate and interact with other members of GeneaBloggers, the more you’ll see how your own geneablog can grow and help others with their own genealogy research.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee