Last month I mentioned The Webmaster’s Guide to TNG and now I have some news about a companion website – http://tng-resources.com - which John Pfost has set up to promote his book. Besides pointing out this new site, John has some additional projects in the works:
1. He is rebranding his site so as to become a definitive gateway for Webmaster Resources for family history Web site developers. This shift will result in much new information, and more products and services to assist family historians in understanding and applying some of the vast resources available for creating and managing family history Web sites.
2. He will be adding a blog so that member users can discuss the countless Webmaster resources.
3. Yes, he will continue to support and promote TNG and the Webmaster’s Guide to TNG.
If you aren’t familiar with TNG (“The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding”), it is the preeminent software for creating custom, feature-rich, expandable, and secure collaborative Web sites. It is the ultimate medium for publishing your genealogy to the Web.
The Webmaster’s Guide provides everything non-technical family historians need to create a TNG-based site and introduces many of the unlimited possibilities for expanding their site developments. (See our announcement of the Webmaster’s Guide to TNG at http://www.geneabloggers.com/webmasters-guide-tng/).
If you would like to learn more about TNG, please visit TNG-Resources.com, subscribe to his mailing list, and then from the Additional Resources page, download the following short papers:
* About The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding
* Getting Started with The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding
copyright 2009 Thomas MacEntee